Posted on : 08 Dec, 2020, 06:23:58 PM
The term cloud computing is buzzing around in technological space and since inception; it’s been a total game-changer for tech companies who are ready to offer us the best of technology and innovations.
In this article, we will look at a comprehensive picture of “WHAT IS EXACTLY CLOUD COMPUTING”?
The following points will be covered: -
Simply put, Cloud computing is the delivery of IT services- such as servers, storage, software, analytics, databases, networking, and intelligence- over the internet, to offer faster innovation, flexible resources, and economies of scale. It offers to pay – as – you- go pricing, means you only pay for what you use, thus, reducing operational costs, run infrastructure more efficiently, and scale as business needs change.
Internet was introduced in the 1960s, but only in 1990, when the potential of the internet was fully discovered, which then led to more innovation in the field. With time, the transfer speeds of internet and connectivity got better it gave way to a new type of companies called Application service provider (ASPs)
ASPs took the existing business applications and ran them for the companies using their machines. The client would pay a monthly amount to run a business over the internet from ASP’s systems.
In late 1990, the term Cloud Computing was coined and since then it’s only growing.
There are three types of cloud computing services, broadly known as SaaS (Software as a service), PaaS (Platform as a service), and SaaS (software as a service). These are sometimes known as ‘Stack’ as they build on top of one another. Knowing about each of them and their differences makes it easier to choose as per your business goals.
Well, not all types of clouds are the same, and not one type of cloud computing is a one-stop solution. Various models, types, and services have been developed to offer the right solution as per the needs.
First, it is important to choose the type of cloud architecture, on which the cloud services will be implemented. There are three different ways to deploy cloud computing services: on a public cloud, private cloud, or hybrid cloud.
1. Storage - Storage is one of the most useful cloud computing applications. There is various software that is used to host files including; documents, images, presentations, videos, etc. Rapid share, media fires, Google Drive, Dropbox, is quite popular.
This provides a user interface where the user can store their data securely and access it on any device with so much ease.
2. Data Analytics - Big data analytics is one of the trendiest processes of technology where a large amount of data is examined and analyzed to extract the business value. It is a process to derive meaningful applications from data that organizations can use to study and evaluate behavioral patterns.
3. Virtual Reality - Virtual reality is another very popular cloud computing application. It is possible because cloud storage made it possible that one can access their data from anywhere without worrying about the underlying hardware.
4. Testing and Development - Testing and development is a crucial process in the development of any application or software. Thanks to cloud computing which provides flexibility to businesses; operate their testing and development phase smoothly.
5. Data Backup - Have you ever lost your data and then immediately looked for Data Backup? Cloud computing made possible, when it comes to securely take a backup of data. It provides us space where we can store our pictures, audio files, documents, or any data and also keeps our data immune from any potential threat.
Cost-saving is the biggest plus important advantage of cloud computing. It saves companies, a substantial capital cost, which is needed for software and hardware investments. The buying and managing types of equipment are done by a cloud service provider.
2. High security
Cyber-attacks have become a serious threat to the IT sector. But with the cloud, there is no need to worry about it even though the data is stored with a third-party provider, because they have a dedicated team who solely look after the security of data centers.
3. Easy Access
Applications build on the cloud are designed to access globally. Only a good internet connection is needed.
With cloud computing, there is always an option to scale up or down as per your requirement. Cloud capacity never runs out. Plus, you only pay for what you use.
Numerous benefits cloud computing has to offer. And with time the demand for certified cloud computing experts will grow, where companies will need the cloud computing skills for the IT sector.
Doing a certified cloud computing course will be beneficial for those who want to excel in the carrier as a cloud computing expert.