Posted on : 01 Dec, 2020, 03:28:43 PM
Created by : Somya Goswami
In this blog of, Top 50 cloud computing interview questions and answers, we will look at the frequently asked questions by many companies during the interview round.
1. Define the Cloud?
Cloud is a global network of servers, each with a unique function. It includes networks, hardware, services, storage, and interfaces that help in delivering computing as a service. It has three users;
2. Define Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is an internet-based emerging computing paradigm that allows data and applications to remain in cyberspace and allows users to access the data through any web-connected device.
3. Explain different types of Clouds?
There are mainly three types of clouds-
4. What are the advantages of Cloud Computing?
Following are the main advantages of cloud computing-
5. What are the different platforms of cloud architecture?
It is one of the most frequently asked questions during the interview-
Following are the different platforms used by cloud architecture:
6. Explain Software as a Service?
Saas is a method of delivering software applications over the internet, on-demand, typically on a lease, to its client. The client can access these applications on any device, connected via the internet, using tools such as web browser an app, etc.
7. Explain Platform as a Service?
Platform as a service refers to cloud computing services that provide an on-demand environment for creating, testing, delivering, and testing software applications. It is designed to provide services that help create web or mobile applications, without worrying about the cost and management of resources needed for setting up the entire infrastructure.
8. Explain Infrastructure as a Service?
IaaS is the most basic category of providing cloud computing services. It offers services of IT infrastructure such as servers, virtual machines (VMs), storage, networks, and operating systems on rest with pay-as-you-go pricing.
9. What are the different layers of cloud architecture?
There are 5 layers of cloud architecture –
10. Which platforms are used for large scale Cloud Computing?
Platforms used for large scale cloud computing are-
11. What are the three aspects of Cloud Security?
Cloud computing offers 3 types of security aspects, which are-
12. Explain API with its use in the cloud?
API stands for application programming interface, which is a software intermediary that allows two applications to talk to each other.
Following are uses-
13. What is the difference between Cloud Computing and Mobile Computing?
Mobile computing and cloud computing are quite similar. Mobile computing uses the concept of cloud computing, whereas cloud computing provides the facilities to users which they require in mobile computing such as data, access applications on the remote server, and access for storage and management.
14. Explain the difference between Scalability and elasticity?
Scalability- It is a characteristic of cloud computing, and is used to handle the workload which comes with increasing the resource capacity. By the use of scalability, the architecture provides on-demand resources if the requirement is being raised by the traffic.
Elasticity- It is also a characteristic, which provides a concept of commissioning and decommissioning of a large amount of resource capacity dynamically. It is usually measured with the demand and supply of resources.
15. `What is the usage of utility computing?
Utility computing is a plug-in managed by an organization that decides what types of services has to be deployed from the cloud. It offers to pay as you go facility.
16. What is ‘EUCALYPTUS’ in cloud computing? Why is it used?
Eucalyptus stands for Elastic utility computing architecture which is used for linking your program to useful systems. It is an open-source software infrastructure that helps in the implementation of clusters in the cloud computing platform. It can build public, hybrid, and private clouds, and can create a data center into a private cloud. It also helps the users to utilize their functionalities across other organizations.
17. Name some open source cloud computing platform databases?
Following are some open-source cloud computing platform databases-
18. Why a Virtualization platform is required to implement a cloud?
A virtualization platform helps to-
19. Name different types of virtualization in Cloud computing?
Following are the different types of virtualization in cloud computing-
20. Which are the biggest cloud providers and databases?
Some of the biggest cloud providers and databases are-
21. What are the different data centers in cloud computing?
22. Explain the term CAAS?
CAAS stands for communication as a service. It is a terminology used in the telecom industry and offers enterprise user features such as desktop call control, unified messaging, and desktop faxing.
23. What do you understand by VPN? Why does it contain?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. VPN is a private cloud, which is responsible for managing the security of the data during communication in the cloud environment. With a VPN, a public network can be turned into a private network.
24. What are the basic clouds in Cloud computing?
Following are the three basic clouds in cloud computing-
25. Name the most important things which must be followed before opting cloud computing platform?
26. What are the advantages of cloud services?
Following are the advantages of cloud services:
27. What is the on-demand functionality? How is it provided in cloud computing?
Cloud computing provides on-demand access to virtualized IT resources. It can use by the subscriber. It uses a shared pool to provide configurable resources. The shared pool contains networks, servers, storage, applications, and services.
28. Explain System integrators in cloud computing?
A system integrator provides a strategy of a complicated process used to design a cloud platform. It helps create a more accurate hybrid and private cloud network because the integrator has all the knowledge about the data center creation.
29. Name some large-scale cloud providers and databases?
30. Explain the difference between cloud and traditional datacenters?
The cost of traditional data centers is too much, unlike the cloud. Traditional databases are hard to set up, require a large investment, and also a separate dedicated IT team which is not possible for every company.
31. Name different phases of cloud architecture?
Following are phases of cloud computing-
32. Define Memcached?
Memcached is an open-source distributed memory caching system. It helps to improve the data response time by speeding up dynamic web applications that too free of cost.
33. What are the uses of Memcache?
It aced up the
34. What is the significant difference between Memcache and Memcached?
Memcache- It enables a user to work through handy object-oriented and procedural interfaces and reduces database load in dynamic web applications.
Memcached- It uses a libMemcached library to provide API for communicating with Memcached servers. It is the latest API that alleviates the Database load.
35. What is the code for implementing Load balancing?
The code for implementing load balancing is-
36. How would you secure the data while it’s being transported in the cloud?
We can secure transported data in the cloud by implementing the encryption key. It helps not in ensuring data security but also data leakage.
37. Define Data encapsulation?
Data encapsulation is also known as Data hiding. It involves a restricted set of operations like breaking down information into smaller, manageable codes before their transmission across the network. It is a process of keeping the class implementation details away from the users.
38. Name some different data types used in cloud computing?
Following are data types in cloud computing;
39. How Cloud architecture benefits businesses?
Following are the number of ways-
40. What are the components needed in cloud architecture?
Following are the number of components needed in Cloud architecture-
41. Name some characteristics of cloud computing?
Following are the characteristics of cloud computing-
42. How is the buffer used on Amazon web services?
Buffer is used to building the system more accurately against the traffic. It helps to synchronizes different components. The components receive requests in an unbalanced way and to make them balanced and work faster to provide services, a buffer is used.
43. What are how cloud architecture provides automation and performance transparency?
There are several tools used by loud to provide automation and performance transparency. They are used to manage cloud architecture and monitor reports. Automation is an essential part to improve service quality.
44. What is an Open stack?
Open stack is an open-source cloud computing platform Service (Iaas). It helps in controlling big chunks of computing, storage, and networking resources: all maintained via APIs or a dashboard.
45. What services are offered by the Windows Azure Operating system?
Following are the three main core services-
46. What are the basic clouds in cloud computing?
There are three basic clouds in cloud computing
47. Explain AWS and its components?
AWS is a subsidiary of Amazon providing on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs to an individual or an organization on a pay as going pricing.
Following are the main components of AWS-
48. What is Microsoft Azure?
Microsoft azure is a subsidiary of Microsoft; it offers services like content delivery networks (CDNs), Virtual Machines (VMs), and some other advanced features.
49. Which web application can be deployed with Azure?
There are so many applications that can be deployed with Azure like PHP, WCF, and ASP.NET.
50. What is Azure Active Directory Service?
Azure active directory service is a multi-tenant cloud-based identity and directory management service that combines core directory services, application access management, and identity protection.
With this, we come to an end. We hope these top 50 questions will boost your knowledge about Cloud computing and help in cracking your interview. For more cloud computing courses, you can check our course library.