DevOps Certifications: The Complete Guide
Created by :
Posted on : 12 Jan, 2021, 06:16:27 AM
“DevOps is not a goal, but a never-ending process of CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT”.
Development and Operations combine to make a word DevOps. DevOps is a practice that allows a single team to manage the entire application, a development life cycle that is development, testing, deployment, and monitoring.
In this blog, we will inspect about DevOps Certification course and have a basic understanding of the following things mentioned below:
What is DevOps?
Why DevOps Certification?
Who can achieve this Certification?
Various roles in DevOps.
Why is DevOps certification important?
How to get DevOps certified?
Pre-requisites for the course.
What is included in the DevOps Certification Training?
So let’s get started,
1. What is DevOps?
- DevOps is a software development approach with the help of which you can develop superior quality software quickly and with more reliability. It consists of various stages such as continuous development, continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous deployment, and continuous monitoring.
- The ultimate goal of DevOps is to decrease the duration of the systems development life cycle while delivering features, fixes, and updates frequently in close synchronization with business objectives.
2. DevOps Lifecycle.
DevOps is deep integration between development and operations. Understanding DevOps concepts is not possible without knowing the DevOps Lifecycle.
Here is brief information about the Continuous DevOps life-cycle:
- In this DevOps stage, the development of software takes place constantly. In this phase, the entire development process is separated into small development cycles. This benefits the DevOps team to speed up the software development and delivery process.
- QA teams use tools like Selenium to identify and fix bugs in the new piece of code.
- In this stage, new functionality is integrated with the prevailing code, and testing takes place. Continuous development is only possible due to continuous integration and testing.
- In this phase, the deployment process takes place continuously. It is performed in such a manner that any changes made at any time in the code, should not affect the functioning of a high traffic website.
- In this phase, the operation team will take care of the inappropriate system behavior or bugs that are found in production.
3. DevOps Principles.
Here, are six principles that are essential when adopting DevOps:
- Customer-Centric Action
- DevOps team must take customer-centric action for that they should constantly invest in products and services.
- End-To-End Responsibility
- The DevOps team need to provide performance support until they become end-of-life. This enhances the level of responsibility and the quality of the products engineered.
- Continuous Improvement:
- DevOps culture focuses on continuous improvement to minimize waste. It continuously speeds up the improvement of products or services offered.
- Automate everything
- Automation is a vital principle of the DevOps process. This is not only for software development but also for the entire infrastructure landscape.
- Work as one team
- In the DevOps culture role of the designer, developer, and tester is already defined. All they needed to do is work as one team with complete collaboration.
- Monitor and test everything
- DevOps team needs to have robust monitoring and testing procedures.
4. Why DevOps Certification?
- DevOps certify faster and instinctive deployment of code/application, which makes it completely essential for any product based company to implement the DevOps Lifecycle.
- This in turn demand will raise for the people who are skilled in DevOps and are DevOps certified. For example, LinkedIn alone has released 5000+job vacancies in India.
- A fresher skilled with DevOps and possessing DevOps certification lies in between 4-8lakhs in India. In the US, the average salary of a DevOps professional is about $128,000 which is around 20% more than what a regular software developer makes.
- If you are aiming to become a DevOps professional right now, it is maybe the best thing you can do to your career.
5. Who can achieve this Certification?
DevOps certification is intended for the following:
- IT Professionals
- System Administrators
- Software Developers
6. Various Roles in DevOps
With every IT organization wanting to welcome DevOps, there is a huge possibility of swift raise in the number of job openings for a skilled person in DevOps.
- DevOps Engineer
- DevOps Architect
- DevOps Manager
- DevOps Consultant
- DevOps test analyst
- DevOps Developer
The role one gets depends on the experience. For instance, a fresher with DevOps skills becomes a DevOps Engineer; an experienced professional becomes a DevOps Architect. So based on the kind of experience you bring to the table, more easily and comfortably you can apply for the respective DevOps profile.
7. Why is DevOps Certification Important?
- A DevOps certification is a trust factor for the interviewer that you have the skills that a DevOps Engineer needs.
- This gives you an upper hand during interviews and increases the probability of getting hired by 50-60 percent.
- In conclusion, a DevOps accreditation will help you grow out of the old IT methods into the advanced IT world, opening doors to a lot of job opportunities.
- The DevOps certificate is important, yes, how to get DevOps certified?
8. How to get DevOps Certified?
- For getting DevOps certified, one has to know in-depth about all the tools involved with DevOps.
- It offers a DevOps Certification course which will make you master various aspects of software development, operations, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automated build, test, and deployment.
9. Pre-requisites for the Course
There are no pre-requisites for taking this DevOps course. Any IT Professional with basic IT knowledge and some LINUX concepts can take up this course.
10. What is included in the DevOps Certification Training?
You will go through in-depth training on the following topics:
- In-depth knowledge of DevOps methodology
- Implementing Software Version Control
- Containerizing code on production using Docker
- Creating CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Configuration Management using puppet and Ensile
- Automating build and test using Selenium and Maven
- Container Orchestration using Kubernetes
- Performance tuning and monitoring using Nagios.
In addition to this, you will also get first-hand training on various DevOps tools such as Git, Puppet, Jenkins, chef, SVN, Maven, Docker, Ensile, Nagios, and many more.
The DevOps certification training is modulated keeping in mind the latest software-industrial needs and provides deep knowledge on DevOps.
- DevOps is a culture that promotes collaboration between the Development and Operations team to deploy code to production faster in an automated and repeatable way.
- Devo’s offers Maintainability, Predictability, Greater quality cost efficiency, and time to market.
- DevOps lifecycle includes Development, testing, integration, Deployment, and Monitoring.
- DevOps engineers will work with development team staff to tackle the coding and scripting needs.
- DevOps certifications are available from Amazon web services, Red Hat, Microsoft academy, DevOps institute.